Thursday 23 June 2011

Remakes

With the 3DS remake of Orcarina of Time Nintendo seem have created one of the most complete retelling's of all time. However some people have said that the lack of new additions is a poor move to stop previous players buying the 3DS instalment. I don't own a 3DS but I'd like to and I'd probably be straight back in the queue buying his after too. 

I've played Zelda multiple time not just on the original N64 version of this but also the Master Quest and Majora's Mask. I always thought Orcarina was the best incarnation of the series and I'll stick by this through anything. I've played the full game through several times and this has not discouraged me from buying the console purely for Zelda. I might purchase in a few months when some other great games hit the shelves (namely Starfox) but Zelda has really grabbed my attention and proved to me that Nintendo are serious about their new handheld.


This got be thinking about other games I'd love to see remade and I've listed a few below for your opinions.


Desert Strike:
Those of you too young to know this game should find a an old Sega Mega Drive and play this now. I still dream of the small gunner you kill and the bases you destroy. At the time this really delivered something different with a large scope for content.


Road Rash:
Another one from the Sega Mega Drive collection. This was an epic racer that switched good driving with violence. I use to love whipping people off their bikes and ride off into the sunset in Sega's heyday. Dropping someone into a wall or over the top explosive barrels would still be a great laugh.


Majora's Mask:
Surely it's one the next Zelda's to release on the 3DS....


Do you agree with my selections? What do you think would be a great remake?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...