Tuesday 28 June 2011

Gloreous True 3D-S

Picking up my Nintendo 3DS for the first time I felt like a little child on the night before Christmas. It was a simple yet adventurous feeling with more then a little trepidation. I’d just spent £200.00 on a new console that might not be as great as I first though. In all honestly if I realistically look at it I’d spent all that money just to play Ocarina of Time in 3D.

I opened the box as carefully as I could to ensure that my enthusiasm would not wane too quickly. I assessed the instruction manual and several other packaged goodies before I even unwrapped the console itself.

My girlfriend could no doubt explain what an overexcited puppy I was at the time – smiling uncontrollably as I lifted the shinny blue hardware from its cardboard casing. I glided my hands over the smooth surface and felt my heart drop a little as I realised how easily this new part of my life picked up finger prints and dirty marks. I took a moment to clean my hands and returned almost as joyously to continue my delicate operation.

The box contained my first set of Augmented Reality Cards and a solid charging dock which was almost as exciting as the console itself.

As I packaged all the documentation back together in the original box I held my new device ready to push the power button. I pressed it but nothing seemed to happen. Another wave of emotion crashed over me – what if it's broken already?

Luckily all my worries were lifted as the little power light shone red and after a few seconds the start up screen displayed itself. The simplistic beauty shone into my big brown eyes as I gathered as much information as possible.

The user interface popped up. My first impressions made me think the 3D was not that great afterall. Suddenly I remembered that the 3D function was an ability of the console and not the standard setting – I flicked the switch during setup and all was good again.

I sat back admiring the next generation of gaming and looked into the powerful specification I held in my hands. I explored the various functions – the 3D camera (which really is wonderful), the AR game setting, the 3DStore (my name not Nintendo’s) and the various tweaks that my DSLite could not even comprehend.
                                  
My heart almost skipped a beat when I put the first 3D game into the DS but that’s for another time…..

Has anyone got any good tips for usage or recommendation for games?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...