Wednesday 10 August 2011

Raymond Cox - My New Hero

Being the Xbox enthusiast that I am I was astonished to find out that a friend of mine had made a 5,000 point Gamerscore increase over my own in the last 6 months to get himself within 10,000 points of my current Gamerscore total. I was devastated to find that my lack of play time had literally dented my chances of keeping the top spot amongst my friends. Then I heard about Raymond Cox’s recent achievement and suddenly I didn’t really know what I was worrying about.

Raymond Cox has now taken his record-breaking Gamerscore to over 600,000 points which is nearly 15 times that of my own.

Raymond (aka ‘Stallion83’ on Xbox Live) was already the Guinness World Record holder with his Gamerscore but with the recently unlocked achievements in Dirt 3, The First Templar and the new Earth Defence Force he has not pushed this to an almost unreachable level.

He said “A lot of good upcoming milestones to look forward to and a lot of good game to play this fall. [that’s Autumn to the rest of us – Edit] And by a lot, I mean it. So much to look forward to.”

To reach the 600,000 point score, Cox has played over 800 different games, including those released in multiple regions.

To follow Cox’s unending quest head over to his blog 1milliongamerscore.com

What do you think about this? Are you anywhere near his World Records? Personally I’m still not sure whether achievements are a detriment to gaming.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...