Thursday 14 July 2011

British Summertime

Summertime is always socially revered as the best part of the year, it’s filled with the football transfer period, sport seasons, blockbuster movies and music festival. There is sunshine and lollipops for everyone except gaming bloggers and journalists. It’s during this time of year that the video games industry tends to have a new drought. It’s a test for all writers and their ability to come up with interesting and creative articles out of next to nothing.

The lack of new releases give casual and hardcore games alike to replay passed classics and finish those they feel ashamed not to have completed. I myself plan to finish Final Fantasy XIII in full, complete my Insanity Vanguard run on Mass Effect 2 and collect all the Heart Pieces in Ocarina of Time.

My blog is still in the stages of a newborn baby and to get through this period with a few hits and comments will be quite an achievement. Quite frankly by whole blogging career has lasted just over a couple of months but I feel like I’m really starting to find my feet. This issue I have is that it is difficult to maintain a regular visitors list when I don’t have direct access to the industry myself. Luckily though I’m getting my name out there and tidying up my established skills. I have a notepad full of creative ideas focusing on current affairs and future industry issues.

This blog has been a means for me to practice both my writing skill and find my voice. I’m hoping that in time this will give be a good impression on what people want to read and what makes them also want to voice their own opinions too. There are several points ranging from critiquing what another site has posted, impressions of games, previews or speculation. While I am enjoying the process of building this blog, learning things from others and manipulating my design the main concern for any website is the number of readers.
Over the coming months I expect to write more often and hopefully to a higher standard then before. This blog has always been created with an emphasis on communicating with others and hearing what their views or opinions matter. I hope people will start to comment more regularly and I get a regular viewership.

If there is anything you feel I might be lacking or subjects you would like my opinion on then please sound off in the comments below… Come back soon!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...