Monday 11 July 2011

If I have time to play my Box...

My top ten games for the moment.

1. Red Dead Redemption

I love this game so much I find it terribly difficult to put down. I completed the main question and the majority of the side quests and have now started to explore the online multiplayer. The Free Roam games are awesome but I’m playing PvE at the moment to get my characters stats up before opening myself up to PvP.

2. Battlefield 2

This is still one of my most played games even a year after it came out. I love the online modes and have just reached rank 40 which seemed to take quite a while. Considering some players are on their third or forth set of 50 ranks I’m quite a way behind.

3. Dead Space

I jumped on this bandwagon a little later then everyone else but enjoy the dark of the USG Ishimura. The massive planet cracker is one of the most rice linear environments of recent times and I still jump out my skin each time a Necromorph pops up.

4. Fifa 11

Hands-down this is the greatest Football Sim of all time. The characters are rich and diverse and the gameplay rewards those who try new things. Quite often my evenings consist of a couple of games against my friends. Easy to pick up and play but with a great amount of depth.

5. Mass Effect 2

Still taking up time on my console. Although I have actually completed this twice now my current playthrough on Insanity has been the most rewarding. Each individual sections feels like an achievement once completed. I dread those damn Geth.

6. Dragon Age Origins

Still probably the most immersive fantasy game out on the Xbox 360 aside from Oblivion. This has a rich, varied world that sprawls think marshland and tall mountains. The Characters are cleverly created and the storyline is full of important game changing decisions.

7. Bioshock 2

Our second trip to Rapture may not have been as enlightening as the first but it sure is still a blast to play. I love pinning Splicers up against the walls or making one attach my clone before launching them up with the tornado plasmid. This is inventive gaming at it’s best and some of the greatest locations Rapture has produced.

8. Final Fantasy XIII

I stopped playing this shortly after I opened up the gigantic world of Gran Pulse. The linear style this game produced did not stop me enjoying every moment. The characters are diverse and the gameplay unique. I found the storyline to be top notch too and a welcome first edition for the single player Final Fantasy on the Xbox 360.

9. Oblivion

As I have mentioned many times before Oblivion is still my go to game of the Xbox 360 era. No other game plays quite like this beast and gives you quite as much diversity each and every time it is played. Almost as soon as you start you are free to do whatever and go wherever you like. The first true open world of this generation.

10. Halo Reach

Halo is still one of the most played shooters of the current time. I recently completed Reach on Legendary with a friend and found the whole experience greatly rewarding. The final few stages are epic and the whole multiplayer generator very deep. I still find myself wanting the Plasma Rifle in every other shooter out there.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...