Friday 22 July 2011

Points on Skyrim

I'm sure those of you who have been reading my blog over the passed few weeks have heard me mention Skyrim on more then one occasion. I think… no wait I know this is the most excited I’ve been for any game release ever. I usually tell myself not to get excited but as the release date gets closer I can’t help it. I was thinking earlier that when the first announcement reached me it was still over a year away. Now we only have just over 3 months left to wait for the 11th November 2011.

In continuation of my fascination with the Elder Scrolls I felt now was the time to give you a list of 40 great facts about Skyrim.

·   Players can now boost all their skills to level 100 but cannot obtain all perks
·   Each settlement will be unique
·   Quest Gives will provided different levels of information dependant on your standing with them
·   Players will be able to cook, woodcut, mine and blacksmith
·   Wind will effect the direction of water
·   Dragon encounters will not be game scripted events
·   One city will be dedicated to Dunmer
·   Taverns will allow players to overhear rumours, start quests and gather information
·   There will be a port city.
·   Equipment can be fully repaired
·   Various different colours, patterns and religious rituals will be created to differentiate each Nord faction.
·   Archers can hold their breath to boost accuracy
·   Planes of Oblivion involved in some Skyrim quests
·   Dark Brotherhood confirmed
·   You can knock oil lamps to the ground creating fire damage
·   Around 130 dungeons in the game
·   You start the game being led to your execution
·   Archery will incorporate elements created off Oblivion mods
·   Fish can jump out of the water
·   Over 100 subquests
·   No Spellmaking
·   75% of quests are dynamic through the Radiant system
·   NPC who are to do with the main quest are still unable to be killed.
·   Snow can accumulate
·   Dragons can crash when wounded
·   There is a cause and consequence for every quest
·   Some NPC’s will accompany you on quests to show you where to go
·   8 developers for dungeons in Skyrim with only 1 in Oblivion
·   There are boats in the game
·   The is not a limited number of Dragons
·   There is a clear ecosystem where Wolves hunt Mammoths and Foxes hunt Rabbit
·   No persuasion mini-game
·   All items are comparable in the inventory
·   You can buy an unspecified amount of houses
·   Limb damage has been confirmed
·   Over 20 Dragon Shouts with 3 different levels of each
·   Some dragon shouts can be combined
·   Finishing moves have been confirmed
·   No seasonal changes
·   There will be Dragons!

I did not compile this list on my own - BootySweat of the Bethesda Forums wrote many of these.

Is there anything you guys are most looking forward to in the next Elder Scrolls? Are you getting as excited as me?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...