Friday 23 September 2011

Eurogamer - The Plan @somemanwithplan

Eurogamer is upon us this year and the first two days have looked like an exciting mix of gaming and networking. The Eurogamer website has been flushed with information and the developer sessions seem to have gone down a storm. I’m hoping to get quite a lot of tweets sent out over the course of the weekend to let you all know what is going on and especially during my time at the event itself – I hope you’ll follow using the tag #egxp.

There are obviously several areas I ‘must’ visit and although my train travel will now be a complete pain in the arse I’m sure it will all turn out well. I must say its exceptionally difficult posting from my phone especially when I have so much to say but my brief and often approach tomorrow on twitter will certainly help.

Obviously I’ll be going along to some of the Careers Fair sessions in an attempt to get my name out there but also for the experiences these people have had. I’m a little disappointed that the programming panel is scheduled for Friday only but I’m sure I will make do.

The developer session from Bioware is probably one of the most important things for me to see, they are of course one of my favourite studios and I have followed their game for most of my life. It will also be nice to stop by the ID software conference and the one hosted by From Software relating to Dark Souls. I wish I’d have brought a Thursday ticket too though as the OnLive conference gave each of their seated participants a free console to take home.

Although I’ve never been a big fan of Cosplay I know why people are and the lengths they will go to make themselves look just like their favourite characters. It’s a great chance to see these people in action again and I’m lucky my girlfriend isn’t attending as she is worried about people in costume which would probably be a fairly regular occurrence.

Obviously the main attraction is the Video Games themselves and I’ve started planning my route with the help of a floor plan to make sure I see everything I want. There are some great games on show all weekend from Guild Wars 2 to the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic. The follow game lists will be featured heavily in my tweets all Saturday so follow me @somemanwithplan

§   The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
§   Batman Arkham City
§   OnLive
§   Microsoft Stand
§   Star War: The Old Republic
§   Counter Strike: Global Offensive
§   Fifa 12
§   Mass Effect 3
§   Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
§   Halo Anniversary
§   Retro Zone
§   Fianl Fantasy XIII-2
§   Battlefield 3

I might even get a Pizza Express to keep my energy levels up.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...